|« Rebuild of the Debian archive with clang||Debian BSP in Paris at Mid-february »|
Major changes in the Debian HDF5 packages
Yesterday, I uploaded hdf5 1.8.8 in unstable. This new version, which has been available in experimental for a while, is a major step in the HDF5 packaging.
For those who are using this package, besides the switch from version 1.8.6 to 1.8.8, the changes are the following:
- Since upstream is now trying to keep a consistent ABI/API, packages have been renamed from libhdf5-xxx-X.Y.Z (X, Y and Z being the version number) to libhdf5-xxx-7 (7 being the version of the soname)
- The package libhdf5-serial-* have been renamed to libhdf5-7 or libhdf5-dev
- Symbol files have been added for all the libraries.
- arm archs have also libhdf5-openmpi-dev
- Support of HURD, armhf & s390x
- Help is now up to date and the debian/html.tgz.uu removed (thanks to the source format v3.0, two source tarballs are now used)
- A new package hdf5-helpers which contains h5cc, h5c++ and h5fc has been introduced
- Fix many lintian warnings
- Java HDF has been updated to version 2.8
More information about the transition: